Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Spot Goes to the Farm


I never let Yvette watch any program on TV so she will learn words mainly thru books. Currently I try to buy books with big word print so that I could point to Yvette those words as I read.

Yvette and I fall in love with Spot after reading them. (Spot Goes to the Farm is our first book and it only cost me S$2.) Currently we have around 7 books and I am going to add another 2 into our collection. I try to source these books online via Singapore Motherhood Forum or E-bay. It will be usually very much cheaper. (These books are not cheap honestly.)

When I first read to Yvette about one month ago, she couldn’t stop laughing when I tried made those sound. And she immediately uttered those sound after me when I read to her the second time. Whenever she saw the book, she will pick it up and read it herself or passed it to me and asked me read them.


So what so interesting about the Classic Series, Spot?

  • It is a book with big word print.
  • It is a flip book.
  • It is suitable to read to a baby when is below one.
  • It is suitable for some role play as beside Spot, there are a Mummy Spot and Daddy Spot.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, the spot is not bad. I got the Big board books for S$1, but had to replace some of the flip-flaps! *haha* But I'm rather proud that i managed to, much to dh's amazement.

    ReplyDelete