Monday, November 30, 2009

The Apple Pie that PaPa Baked

The Apple Pie that PaPa Baked by Lauren Thompson (Author) and Jonathan Bean (Illustrator)

Recommended Age: Age 5 up

Paperback Book: 40 pages

What to expect: A good book with very good illustration. Even without those words, you can easily tell a story. This book was printed in opposite of the cover. I guess is to test the child to turn it to the right orientation before reading.

Age when it being read to Yvette: 18 mths

Book review: This book is exactly like The Napping House. I don’t like to read this type of book although baby/toddler, they learn by repetition. You have to keep repeating the same story line again and again. Yvette didn’t like this book too. She didn’t allow me to read aloud to her. So what I did was to flip the pages of the book and showed the picture to her if I can catch hold of her on my lap. Perhaps we can revisit this book when Yvette is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment